Thursday, July 1, 2010

girly talk



one of the things that my daughter, sofea likes to do whenever we had a quiet time together is having a look at my tummy. it doesn't mean that my tummy is sooo amazingly beautiful, but it certainly is not that buncit as compared to many other married women. it's fairly flat. haha..! tapi yang mahalnya.. it bears the prove that i once carried my babies inside it. i do have some stretch marks, though not so prominent.

last night, i asked sofea.. what kind of mother she wanted me to be? her answer was simple.. she wants me to be like Seri (my sister no. 7, which is her aunt). why is that so? because... Seri has 5 children, and recently, Seri gave birth to baby Hana. sofea loves hana sooo much, dia buat budak tu cam anak patung, and berani angkat that 2 months old baby. she was like an assistant to Seri during the one week holiday that we had about 2 weeks ago.

i told Sofea, it's not easy to get pregnant, and its not easy being pregnant and giving birth.

i spent the later part of my pregnancy (for sofea) alone as i was transferred to KT, and hubbyby was still in kb. i had to face the difficulty in breathing late at night alone, had to bear the aching muscle cramps alone in the early mornings. had everything ready in a small bag in my car, just in case anything happened. when the doctors felt that i need to be admitted for observation and c-section, i told my boss.. but the way she looked at me made me decided to finish the clinic for the day before making my way alone to the ward. my hubbyby only came a few hours later. i need to be operated to gave birth to her. and i showed her the barely visible caesarian scar. i explained to her how the op was done. and how happy i was when i heard her crying the moment the doctor pulled her out. but i was shivering all the way.. it was sooo cold! she listened...

after that we changed subjects and i cuddled her in my arms so that she can go to sleep faster (ummi wants to finish reading a book!).

suddenly she opened her eyes and whispered to me... "ummi, sofea takut la nak beranak.."

haha... ketawa kita dibuatnya.. she is only 5, and already thinking about giving birth!

girl, you still have a long way to go.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment