Friday, January 30, 2009

my new companion

ahh...finally i can get connected again. for the past one to two weeks, my old pc has been giving me headache, and my internet line was not functioning well. the other new pc that was bought less than a year ago has got internet connection problem since being struck by lightning last december. told my hubbyby to get both cpu cleaned and disinfected from all the viruses, but as usual... busy!

so, today i've got myself a new notebook! the old one masih sayang coz ada banyak harta peribadi dlm tu esp my award winning thesis, but it got a problem over the hinge, got broken bila selalu buka tutup. now it is still useful, ada kat my hubby's shop. initially i thought of buying a mini laptop - hpmini or acer, as it would be easier for me to bring around. but it has no port for lcd projector, jadi cancellah coz i byk guna utk presentation, kalau boleh dah tak mahu pakai pendrive masuk laptop n computers kat hospital tu, byk sgt virusnya... hospitallah katakan!

the new notebook is a compaq presario CQ20 with a 12.1' screen, the size n weight is less than my previous acer laptop. hope it will function well. i'm not really an IT savvy person, so i don't really need a hi-tech pc. i just need it to do my paperworks, presentations and to get connected with the wide-webbed-world. i need my emails, i need to read the news (i do it online, seldom buy newspapers nowadays), i need to read my favourite blogs and of course to get the latest updates on the medical world. our hospital library has got only two types of journal for ophthalmology, so at least i can get other journals easier online.

what about games?? hah! this is the challenge... i really hope i can get rid of this beloved time-consuming activity. i can spend hours and hours on it. i even rewarded myself with games after finishing certain computer work. am addicted to games since zaman sekolah2 dulu, together with my other sister who is 2 years my senior. today i've promised my hubbyby, there wouldn't be any game downloaded into this new notebook. no online games too. we'll see selama mana i boleh bertahan. should be ok kut, i'm not young anymore! but personally i think the games had developed me into an alert person, sensitive to changes, and i think it also develop a good coordination between the eyes and your fingers, and your mind work faster too. it is an exercise for the brain! hehe.. itu pendapat orang yg suka main gameslah.

the only thing that i'm not really used to with this new notebook is the windows vista. it's not really user-friendly to me. may be i'm not used to it. tengoklah dah lama2 nati ok kut. i actually requested for windows xp but shop technician said to me 'kenapa nak bergerak ke belakang? tak lama lagi org dah tak pakai xp, nak buat apa2 nanti susah." so i end-up dgn vista jugalah.

orait, till the next post. need to get to know my new companion ni betul-betul. tak kenal maka tak cinta!

No comments:

Post a Comment