Tuesday, April 14, 2009

black beauty

BMW - black, male, wealthy!

hahaha... that was a caption from a sitcom aired on TV in the 90s - forgot the name, tapi cerita pasal the blacks lah. kalau baca romance novels, they would prefer dark and handsome, with wealth in the background. ish.. ish..ish.. materialistic!

sorry, i'm not writing about men... the difficult spesies! i'll be rambling on the BLACK color.

i love blue, no doubt. but i'm also a big fan of black. mula minat black while i was in my matrix, and became famous for black while in medical school. didn't know how it started, but i think it has got to do with my determination to be a STRONG girl.

i never considered myself manja... tidak sekali-kali! but i am a fairly sensitive person. biasalah... masa teenagers, kita mula nak develop self-identity. i wanted to be strong, smart, determined, competitive and successful. so... in that process, i found black suits me well. hehe... scary tak? nope... i was the cheerful black.

then i started collecting items in black. in fact everything around me was in black, including my hangers, the pail and the soap-case. hehe.. crazykan? my stationaries tak yah ceritalah... pencil-case, pens, files. my alarm clock, sikat, getah ikat rambut, hairband, bandanna and even my sport shoes! my bedsheet pun ada yang blackstripes. in-fact everythinglah. yang colorful was only my bag - which was bright yellow! nasib baik pakai baju kurung yang colorful juga, tapi every year mesti ada sepasang which has black background. kalau pen tu mesti pakai black drawing pens yang architect guna. i believed it makes my handwriting appears neat and smart. biasalah... my notes sentiasa orang pinjam and photocopy, so mesti tulis smartly. and my favorite word at that time was "kacak". semua benda i minat was described as kacak, including cars (bcoz in english they descibe cars as handsome).

black was really my identity sampai my friends will ask me okay or not kalau depa nak beli something in black. dahsyat tak? tapi sampai sekarang pun i kalau boleh tak nak my things sama ngan orang lain, kecuali dengan my loved ones... kalau boleh nak t-shirt sama, jam sama.. romanticlah jugak!

anyways, sekarang black tu dah tak berapa prominent, dah lebih feminine.. and i dah kembali to BLUE which is more calm, cool and soothing - what i really want to be, and like to be. tapi sekarang ni kita dah lebih adventurous and more confident, so color is not really a big factor in my life anymore.

tapi... hitam memang menawan!

No comments:

Post a Comment