Thursday, May 7, 2009

happy mother's day!

i used to get a self-made mother's day card from hanif when he was in kindergarden. even though tak secantik mana, it means a lot to me. i would get it magnetized to the fridge door for months. last year he gave me a red rose, cikgu yang ajar and jual kat sekolah. my hubbyby never gave me anything specifically for mother's day. not even a card. nak dapat mother's day wish pun, i kena mengada-ngada bagi hint. sedih tak? ntahlah... malas nak layan perasaan, rasa biasa je. he was not brought up to celebrate these kinds of days, not even birthdays. as a lady... sesekali kita nak juga rasa dihargai.

i would usually call my mom on this special day. sometimes i gave gifts, but not always. masa duduk KB dulu, i would visit my mom and bought a special cake or makan2, together with my sisters yang dulu stay in KB. sekarang none of us stays in kelantan. but since cuti sekolah selalunya end of may till early june, we usually celebrate it together with father's day masa cuti, bila ramai orang balik. then, we would have some special makan2 with cakes from secret recipe. ohh... kami memang suka makan cakes, mesti beli 3-5 biji, itu pun tak puas makan sebab kami ramai, and memang hantu cakes.

the mothers - mom, my siblings + era, mak su, my niece along@anne, and cousin wani.
the mothers - mom, my siblings + era, mak su, my niece along@anne, and cousin wani.

kat rumah sendiri, i would usually buy myself a delicious cake ikut my taste sebab i yang nak makan. and i would also give myself a chocolate treat. semua yang lazat2 tu i sukalah - cakes, chocolate and ice cream.... mmmm heaven! selalunya celebrated together with sofea's birthday on may 11. kali ini, i would be on call on mother's day, and my hubbyby would be away for a reunion with his university's friends in KL. so, i won't be expecting anything special, as usual.

penting ke sambut hari ibu? to me, celebration tu tak delah penting sangat, but the thoughts that counts. i know my mom never expect special gifts, but our calls would be much appreciated. pernah satu kali tu, all of us gave our share and sent a florist to mom's house to deliver 2 bouquet of flowers. she was really touched.

what i like about mother's day - ada banyak movies yang best2 kat tv, which will usually be deeply touching, and will make me cry. ... ada orang pelik why i like to watch movies that make me cry. i don't know... may be bcoz in life banyak benda yang kita rasa and experience that cannot be shared with others, and when we watch it in movies, we feel it so close to us, dekat di hati, and we are not alone. you relieved yourself by crying, rasa lega. tak semestinya a sad cry, it can also be a joyful cry.

to my dear nieces and nephews, don't forget to call your moms on this special day. it means a lot to us. hugs and kisses would do wonders, and very much appreciated. your mothers have sacrificed a lot for you. never ever break their hearts. make them proud of you!

Mothers hold their children's hands for a short while, but their hearts forever.


happy mother's day! luv ya.

No comments:

Post a Comment