Thursday, May 21, 2009

i love my life

don't know what's wrong with me. yesterday, i returned from work with a strange feeling. nothing bad happened at work. kat rumah pun biasa je. but i returned home feeling empty! felt so down with no valid reason. confused. i didn't even have my evening tea. the currypuff and tea was left untouched.

luckily my sisters and nieces yang semuanya kepala giler2, have been posting crazy comments and remarks on our facebook forum. rajin betul depa ni semua. old pictures uploaded. bringing back nostalgic memories. my junior at work also left a wonderful message to me. i was really touched. no other can ever replace my wonderful sisters, and my few 'true' friends.

enuff bout that! life goes on... let the wind blows away all my doubts and worries.

this picture is so nostalgic, uploaded to facebook by my sis. it was taken in 1977, while i was 6 years old. i was the one in the red dress, sitting in between my mom and our late grandfather. my youngest sister, elly, was not yet born. it was the year we moved into our current home in taman guru. my hair was still long at that time. bila masuk standard one, terus potong pendek. hehe... kita dulu rambut contoh kat sekolah, neat, short and well kept. tapi bila masuk standard five, dah pandai simpan panjang sikit.

this one was taken in 1980, my dad posing with his 9 girls and one boy. dad was really fit, at 43, masih tegap. i was the one squatting in front, in black kurung (left). this was the last time all of us were around for raya. after that, one by one of my sisters started going abroad to further their studies, and it was only in 1988 or 1989, baru kami semua boleh kumpul semula all 10 of us for raya. itu pun, tak selalu, because bila dah kawin, kena raya rumah in-law.

we are a close-knit family. even though there is a wide gap between us, the younger ones and the senior ones, we really keep our relationship and bond strong. we respect each other, really take great care not to offend anyone in anything. we share our difficulties, secrets and joys. we never allowed sekelumit pun perasaan hasad in between us. even though now we only see each other about 4-5 times in a year, the emails and facebook keep us in touch.

i guess mom and dad have done a great job in bringing us up, and for turning us into what we are today. all of us are successful in our own ways. we do not see material accomplishments to denotes our success, but our achievement in studies and at work, as well as being able to keep ourselves as humble human beings. modesty is the best policy. the most important thing is to make both mum and dad happy, and enjoy the remaining years that they have. hopefully our future generation will do good to us as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment